Coos’ (cows) Green, or East Links is the common land which extends in two sections from the East golf course to the Quadrant. It was gifted to the town by James VI in 1568 as thanks for political support and the supply of soldiers from the Burgh and was used for animal (coos') grazing, washing clothes, repairing nets, travelling fairs and playing sport. Tennis is still played on the courts overlooking the green.
NBiB maintains seven of the beds along the common path in the western section, probably best seen from the tennis club, while ELC maintains the open ground and the anchor bed. NBiB co-operates with the council over the management of the wildflower areas in the eastern section.